Its aim is to go a bit further than the majority of node/express books on the market and describe what is required when putting an express application into production.
What you will learn from this book
- Drive Express development via test
- Build and consume a RESTful web API using client and server-side templating
- Secure and protect Express with passport authentication and SSL via stud
- Scale Express beyond a single server with Redis and Hipache
- Decouple Express for improved scalability and maintainability
- Support real-time application development with Socket.IO
- Handle failures with a minimum impact to service availability using cluster and domains
- Understand and cope with Express limitations, including when and where to go for help
I hope readers find it useful; I wish it existed when I started out.